Monday to Friday
09:00-13:00 / 14:00-17:00
Unit 1B, Pearse Rd, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, F92 TN92
(074) 912 8180
(074) 916 8667
If Your Question Isn't Answered
Don't Hesitate to Contact Us
Appointments can be made by calling us on (074) 912 8180.
Ark Medical Centre runs an appointment only service. Unfortunately due to the Covid pandemic we are no longer able to offer a walk in service. If you require same day urgent GP care please contact the clinic and we will always do our best to accommodate patients with an appointment with one of our doctors. However you may not always be able to receive an appointment with the clinician of your choice in a urgent/emergency situation.
Please contact us to let us know if you will be late and we will try and facilitate an alternative appointment time. If all our appointments have been taken you may have to wait a period to be seen.
For urgent GP care Mon - Fri (9am - 5pm) contact 074 91 28180, for out of hours care contact NowDoc on 1850 400 911. For all medical emergencies contact 999.
If you are registered for General Medical Services (GMS) or medical card with another doctor your card can only be used in our clinic under the following conditions
- It is a medical emergency (life threatening) and you’re unable to attend your own doctor within a reasonable time period.
- If you are away from your normal residence for a period of up to 3 months you may be seen by another doctor registered with the GMS
- If your own GP requests a 2nd opinion from another doctor registered with the GMS
Routine doctor and nurse visits are covered. As are prescriptions and certain procedures such as ECG, cryotherapy, nebuliser, as well as completion of social welfare certificates. Certain contraceptive procedures carry an additional cost for replacement of non-reimbursable dressing packs and disposable instruments.
The following is a list of items not currently covered under the GMS scheme. Patients in receipt of Medical Cards or Doctor Visit Cards will be responsible for the relevant fees involved which can be found here.
- Routine/not medically indicated blood tests. Of note there is public phlebotomy available in public hospitals who can carry out blood tests ordered by public outpatient clinics
- Fertility blood tests or blood tests ordered by private consultants
- Driving Licence medicals
- Sexually Transmitted Illness (STI) screens
- Joint injections
- Excision of lesions/moles
- Letters for social welfare/housing/TDs etc
- Boxing/Diving/Rally medicals or medical assessments for other organisations
- Pre Employment / Occupational Health medicals
- Medical examination and reports for legal or insurance purposes
- Travel vaccinations
This is list is not exhaustive, if you have any queries do not hesitate to contact our reception desk on 074 91 28180
Please allow 24 hours for processing of repeat prescriptions. (Mon - Fri) There may be a charge for repeat private (non GMS) prescriptions if there has not been a recent consultation. The longest we will dispense a prescription for is a 6 month period as we are obliged to review long term mediciations to see if it is still appropriate or effective.
You can apply to register by completing the new patient enquiry form found on this website under "online services" at the top of the page. We will be in contact then to clarify the status of your registration request.
You can book an appointment in the Churchill surgery by calling 074-9128180.